SearchThis Blog

How Green is Your Horse?

A GREEN HORSE



Let's Talk "GREEN" for HORSES!
How "Green" is Your Horse?
Green? This is not about young inexperienced horses, but healthy ones –
through natural, economical and Eco-friendly ways!..


Some of you may have the same story or maybe not, but after 30 plus years of a hectic career and the demands of raising a family, it was time to fulfill a lifelong dream – over again! I splurged and purchased a majestic beauty – a horse - and then bought another!


When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of having a horse. Before the career, the husband and the kids, I worked hard, bought one, and named him Star. He was the best friend a young girl could ever have. With much sorrow, Star was sold over 30 years ago to accommodate my changing life. He is forever carried in my heart and thoughts. I was young, but learned so much from him and the wonderful people that surrounded me. I learned the basic principals of responsibility and the attention needed to sustain a worthy relationship. “Natural, Economical and Eco-friendly” were words not used at that time, but looking back, the farmers around me fundamentally did just that – using many “home remedies, money saving tips and respecting their surroundings". These abilities came from life's experiences and handed down knowledge. Fast forward to now, I have two wonderful horses Tsar and Zapp and I am happy to say both are on their way to “Green”! It is a very slow process, but anything worth having takes time – right?

 So much has changed in the world since the years with Star and I guess I have too - time changes everything right, on the other hand, maybe not - we change from some of that fine-tuning - that maturity thing that comes from lessons learned. Through the years, I have striven to give my family and pets the best possible care, and always tried to weigh the healthiest methods possible. Today, the possibility of achieving better techniques for a healthier lifestyle is easier with the endless information at our fingertips. Applied with integrity, the information allows us to try to do and be the best possible. Now, with the horses on board, I wish to give my horses the same dedication, devotion and care I gave my career and continue to give my many pets and family. With the career over, the children raised and my husband by my side, it is time to slow down and enjoy. Reaching back to my first horse and the “old farmers” that taught me so much, it is back to basics and keeping it simple. This blog will tell the journeys we experience.
Granny's chicken soup does work!!

My quest
to live, learn, search for the best and enjoy ... 
the most natural, economical and Eco-friendly way

 I have just started this blog and have a lot to learn with it too! I would like to compile as much information, helpful hints and remedies along with the personal experiences we encounter with our horses and occasionally, just some examples of simple living. By launching this blog, the contents are intended for others to find the conveniences and benefits we have developed or uncovered. In addition, I am working hard to publish web pages that will correlate with this blog. I am not sure of the launch date, but I will keep you informed. 

There are many people I want to thank for their endless efforts and valuable information - somehow it will be done. I am not an expert on these topics, but I am striving to be the best for my horses. With the knowledge I acquire and implement, experience is the result and this is where understanding will be discovered. I am always open for ideas and suggestions concerning the best for all horses and this blog will constantly be updated and offer new experiences and information, so please visit often and let YOUR voice be heard -make a comment, we want to hear from you.

Looking forward to the journey




Go Green Tips:

Conserve the waste and use more "Eco-Friendly" products
  • Recycling actually uses a considerable amount of energy so,
  • Conserve your waste by trying to re-purpose as many items as you can. Reuse containers, donate magazines and clothes, roll paper into logs for burning, etc.
  • Start looking for more "Eco-Friendly" products whenever shopping or even when reading for recipes and remedies.
  • Never confuse "Green" with "Safe" - "Green" products can still be hazardous!

  Any Go Green Ideas?



Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach. 
Aristotle
Print this post

Notice to Readers

This site is provided as a service only. These articles provide ...continue>>